Tuesday, May 15, 2012

WHAT ABOUT AUTHORITY?

Dear Abby,

I am sure by now you have come to realize that life on earth is all about submission. We are all under the authority of someone at all times. It is necessary to have an order to things if life is going to be productive. Within your home, your parents have the authority over you and your siblings. At school, teachers have authority over the class. In government, we have those in authority to help keep law and order in our land. There must be a method to the madness lest chaos reign.

God is the one that established the idea of authority. Romans 13:1 says "the powers that be are ordained of God." It goes on to say if we resist the powers over us, we are resisting God's design for our good. We need to follow the design that the Creator gave us.

I read this definition of submission: "One equal, voluntarily placing himself under another equal, that God may be glorified." That really puts things into perspective! When I choose to submit to those over me, I bring glory to God with my life. We all have a choice to make. Should I have a submissive spirit (not to be mistaken for weakness) or should I go through life doing as I please and no one better get in my way!

Papa and I talked about this subject a few days ago. He began to name people who are examples of those "under authority." He also named some that he felt did not have an attitude of submission in their daily walk. We should be known for our submissive spirit. Our attitudes and actions tell all. The opposite of this would be "pride and arrogance."

Abby, you cannot go wrong with an attitude of submission. You understand the difference in that and weakness. It takes more character and strength from God to be under authority than it does to be rebellious and prideful. Ask the Lord to give you that submissive attitude that will bring glory to Him. Your life will run much smoother if you do. May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent one from the other. I love you very much.

Grammy

No comments:

Post a Comment